Saturday, February 19, 2005

Reuben Wilson

reuben
Reuben Wilson >Bus Ride

Reuben Wilson > Sweet Tooth

Reuben Wilson >While the World Lies Waiting

Reuben Wilson >Last Tango in Paris

Gotta love that funky blues organ. I know I do.

I played organ in my high school rock band. Then I got 'sophisticated' and railed against it during my peak new music period, when I thought funky, popular jazz organ trios were stupid. But after I learned that "everything changes but the avant-garde" [surrealist Paul Valery] I rediscovered the simple joys of the amazing sounds brought forth by Jimmy Smith, Larry Young, Jack McDuff, Booker T, Felix Cavaliere, and Larry Goldings, among many many others.

Don't know why, but Reuben Wilson is kind of ignored. Listen to these tracks. I must say, I don't know why.

Reuben Wilson >Bus Ride
Reuben Wilson > Sweet Tooth
Reuben Wilson >While the World Lies Waiting
Reuben Wilson >Last Tango in Paris

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

D'oh. This Reuben Wilson is some good stuff; thanks for posting it. I found your blog linked from somewhere and it's nice. Definitely bookmark worthy!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Fred Seibert said...

Thank you, kind sir.

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see somebody doing their part in getting new listers for the great Reuben Wilson.
I breathe boogaloo and therefore hold a special place for Reuben. He's in my top three favorites.

Buy his stuff. Buy it. BUY IT!!!!
lol

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home