Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Mable John & Wendy Rene

stax
My friend Dennis asked to send him these two tracks from The Complete Stax-Volt Singles 1959-1968.

I lent Dennis the 9-CD Stax collection 7 or 8 years ago. As is his way, he listened to each disc dozens of times, until he knew what he wanted to know, and then onto the next CD. We hadn't talked about it for years, but Dennis knows that I'm a big soul fan, so the other day he mentioned that he'd like to hear these two tracks again. Big a buff as I am, I'm really a fairweather friend, and I only pay attention to my favorite hits, so I had no idea what or whom he was talking about.


Sad truth to be told, I still don't.

I just ripped these tracks and posted them. (My quick look for links embarrassed me that I didn't know that Mable John led the Raelettes, and relieved me that there's almost no info about Wendy Rene.) I know Dennis is right, and I can't wait to make a couple of discoveries.

Mable John >Don't Hit Me No More

Wendy Rene >Bar-B-Q

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the Wendy Rene! Knew the tune but never knew the artist or song name! what luck, thanks!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Fred Seibert said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. The best thing about doing this blog is it lets me re-investigate my growing library. Honestly, I didn't even realize I had the track until my friend pointed it out.

And then when I went to research Wendy, there was virtually nothing on the web. So I didn't feel completely stupid that I had forgotten whatever little I knew.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home