Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Joe Lee Wilson

joe lee wilson
This guy sings like a motherfucker.

I would say that even if I hadn't produced the record more than 30 years ago. It's a from a live 1972 radio broadcast on WKCR-FM. I wasn't there at the time, I didn't really give a hoot about straight jazz singers, but the buzz was on after this session and it wouldn't stop. But I still avoided it for a year until someone put this Sammy Cahn & Jules Styne track on.

(The LP was a big jazz hit in NY in 1974. At least on the radio where they couldn't stop playing it. However, our company was broke and until my great friend loaned me his last dollar money from a meager inheritance we couldn't get albums into the stores. As is often the case, by then it was too late. It's been out of print for almost thirty years.)

This performance is how I became hooked on standards forever.

Joe Lee Wilson >It's You Or No One

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home