Thursday, February 10, 2005

Ornette Coleman, Lester Bowie, Pat Metheny.

oc

Ornette Coleman >Lonely Woman

Lester Bowie >Lonely Woman

Pat Metheny >Lonely Woman

Last night when I was posting the Lester Bowie track, passing this tune remined me how much I adore Ornette Coleman. And when my library search popped up these three lonely women, I realized that I could even love Pat Metheny when he was playing Ornette with Billy Higgins and Charlie Haden.

No boring analysis here as to why this melody talks to me (especially after the conversation I had this afternoon about the inherent narcissism of blogs). Just listen. If it doesn't talk to you too, you get your money back.

Ornette Coleman >Lonely Woman
Lester Bowie >Lonely Woman
Pat Metheny >Lonely Woman

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff. Keep it up :)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Fred Seibert said...

Thanks taxi driver. Some more will be up when I can find the bandwidth.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Fred Seibert said...

PS: taxi driver, just posted your great link.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat Metheny covers Horace Silvers Lonely Woman .. that's not the same as Ornettes.. ;)

And thanx for the link. I linked you up as well.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home