Monday, February 28, 2005

Mississippi Fred McDowell & Honest Tom Pomposello [unreleased]

bulldog
Mississippi Fred McDowell & Honest Tom Pomposello >Bulldog Blues

Here's an unreleased recording by Mississippi Fred McDowell and my great friend and partner Honest Tom Pomposello (it's mixed by Dave Baron). It's bound to depress some, thrill others. Me? It's one of the most exciting, grooviest, most optimistic tracks I've heard in the last 10 years.

[I was inspired to post because I bought a Putumayo CD called Blues Lounge. On a first cursory listen at the Tower listening booth, I ran home so I could rip and post it right away. Then I actually spent a few minutes with it. Rock to the McDowell/Pomposello instead.]

I'll tell more of the great story behind this recording at another time.

Mississippi Fred McDowell & Honest Tom Pomposello >Bulldog Blues

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home